We got to Taber in time for dinner-or supper as they refer to it up there. While there, we visited with Grandma, helped get her things sold, saw extended family and took a day trip to the towns where our dad was born and raised. It was great to reconnect and reminesce. I found out that my mother and sister are REALLY FUNNY. We laughed so hard our sides hurt. Then, we took the trip home in 2 days, stopping for the night in Dillon, then visiting my 2 daughers in Logan on the way back. I would recommend a girl trip like this for every female. I think we need to do this more often.
Here are some photos from our long weekend adventure...
We stopped at the museum in Raymond, where our dad grew up and found him in the Sports Hall of Fame. His team took first in the provincials. It was so fun to look at the memorabilia.
Here is a picture of one of dad's teams. He is the second from the right on the back row. I am really proud of him. He was a great basketball player and an excellent athlete for most of his life.
We also went downtown to the coffee shop where our Grandpa Hirsche would walk to meet with his buddies every morning. It had just been closed down, so this will probably not exist on our next trip.
We stopped in Lethbridge to see our aunt and visited some sites we remembered as children, such as this railroad bridge over the coulee.
The highlight of this trip for me was being able to spend time with my sweet little Grandma Bullock. She is now 96 years old. She has a lovely room at an assisted living center. We ate lunch with her there and enjoyed her sense of humor and memories. She is amazing. She still dresses up every day--heels and stockings--and enjoys her friendships and activities at her new home. I am very proud of her and love her to pieces.


2 comments:
How sweet. How come I never saw any of these pictures before? I am glad that you had so much fun and I can't wait for our trip to Canada in August!!!
Kudos to your girls trip! My sis and I took a trip to Tennessee one time and had an absolute ball on the trip! I could use another girls' trip :)
Post a Comment